This is one of my favourite meals to cook because every one eats it. Its also easy to hide those vegetables for the fussy eaters. You can add whatever veg you like!
Long grain rice 70g per person
Jar of Korma curry paste.
Half a carton of Passata.
Tbsp of tomato puree.
500g of chicken breast diced.
A thumb sized piece of ginger grated.
2 large cloves of garlic grated.
2 cubes of frozen spinach
A whole butternut squash diced and boiled til soft.
Tin of chick peas
- Fry garlic, ginger and spinach til soft.
- Put the squash, garlic, ginger and spinach in a blender and blitz til smooth.
- Fry chicken until cooked through.
- To the pan add the pureed veg, tomato puree, passata, curry paste and chick peas and heat through until pipping hot.
It’s as easy as that. Because i’m cooking for children i tend not to add extra salt to recipes. That doesnt mean that you cant add salt if you want to.
Homemade naan bread
This is just a basic pizza dough recipe.
Half a bag of plain flour
1 sachet of dried yeast
Glug of oil
tbsp of sugar
- Mix dry ingredients together.
- Make a well and add oil and warm water.
- Knead until smooth dough is formed. If too wet add more flour if too dry add more water.
- Cover with cling film and leave to rise in a warm place for at least 30 mins .
- When risen knead again before tearing pieces of the dough and forming them into flat shapes.
- Cook breads under the grill or in a dry hot frying pan.