The name is in the appearance. This pie is topped with a beautifully scrunchy crispy filo pastry lid.
3-4 chicken breasts (diced)
3 carrots (diced)
2 cloves of garlic
450ml chicken stock (I use a knorr chicken stock cube and dissolve in 450ml of boiled water)
Tbsp of flour
4-5 sheets of filo pastry
Egg wash or milk
- Preheat oven 200c.
- Fry the diced chicken and chopped garlic until the chicken starts to brown on the outside.
- Add a tablespoon of flour and fry through
- Add the stock, diced carrots and peas and simmer until veg is soft.
- Transfer to pie dish to cool.
- Lay out your sheets of pastry and brush with melted butter or milk.
- Scrunch with your hands and lay in rows on top of your pie filling.
- Bake in the oven for 20-30 minutes or until top is crispy and golden.