This recipe makes 36. They are so moreish and they taste amazing when fresh out of the oven!
275g brown sugar
30g cocoa powder
1 large egg
1 tsp vanilla
180g of plain flour
1 tsp of bicarb
1 packet of chocolate chips or chunks
- Preheat oven to 180c
- Beat the butter and sugar together
- Add the egg and mix until smooth
- Sift in the flour, cocoa powder and bicarb and fold the ingredients together
- Add the chocolate chips and stir through.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto a baking sheet and bake in the oven for 10 minutes.
- Cool on wire rack.
I ended up baking 3 trays of 12. Don’t try to flatten the mixture it will flatten itself when baking. I believe the key to the ‘melting’ into shape is the sugar as when I tried to experiment with sugar substitutes the cookies didn’t work. They really are very tasty but definitely a treat!